Touching on Everything and Anything

Saturday, August 1, 2009

LaGuardia terminal evacuated

So I woke up this morning and started checking some of my overnight emails and I came across this news story. It has to do with a man who early this morning walked into the airport acting suspiciously and left a bag out in the open in the middle of the airport. Thankfully the bag was looked through by bomb deactivation teams once the terminal had been evacuated and it was shown that the bag contained a harmless batteries with some wires attached to add to the effect of the fake weapon.
There are a few things that I picked up from this story besides the fact that the guy who planted the bag is a nut job. It really is amazing how quickly an entire airport terminal can be evacuated in the case of an emergency. The people who are in charge of emergency control at the airport really deserve a lot of credit because it can't be easy to orderly evacuate an entire terminal full of travelers.
I know what your thinking, not the longest blog entry of mine. I just felt some credit needed to be given to those who stepped up in this potentially dangerous situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment