Touching on Everything and Anything

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fraud that is the Yankee ticket system

So the Yankees now have a new stadium right across the street from the old stadium that they used to call home. The new stadium contains many new amenities that have caused the Yankees to raise their prices for the upcoming season. Seats are still available for most games, even the premium games like those against Boston and the Mets. The problem with this is the fact that the seats that remain for these games cost about 900 a seat and I don't see how anyone would be able to afford them.
When I saw that the Yankees were releasing 5 dollar tickets for 11 games through the regular season I was extremely excited. For the past two years I have bought all 11 of the five dollar games and made it to as many as possible. This season the Yankees did not offer the option to buy the full plan but instead you have to buy each of the games individually. I went online to look for availability of seats for each of the 5 dollar games and this is where I had a problem.
I could not find two seats together for any of the 5 dollar games and so I went to the ticketmaster outlet to look for even single seats that may be available for any of the 11 games. Guess what, zero 5 dollar seats available for any of the 11 games. Why would they even promote five dollar seats for 11 games when they do not have any seats available for any of the listed games? I almost feel like they are teasing the fans, almost as if to say, "hey look we are doing something to be fan friendly with our five dollar plan". In reality they gave the fans nothing.
I am really fed up with the way the Yankees have handled their ticketing this past season. They have priced out the real fans and invented affordable tickets that in reality do not even exist. If there are no five dollar tickets available then the Yankees should not even bother teasing the fans with the illusion of five dollar seats being available. I will not spend anything more than 25 dollars a seat for any game, unless it is a premium one against the Red Sox or Mets.
I won't stop going to see the Yankees but what I will do is limit what I purchase inside the stadium and continue to voice my displeasure with the way they are currently operating.

No comments:

Post a Comment