Touching on Everything and Anything

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Resourceful Times

So yea, we are in a recession right now. In case you have been in a coma for over a year I just wanted to fill you in on that fact. People are turning to more and more drastic measures as this crisis gets worse and worse. I read an article today about one lady who is doing things like cutting her lotion bottles in half when they are almost empty so that she can scrape the last molecule of lotion out of the bottom of the container. I have not reached the point where I am resorting to these type of measures but I have to say it is not all bad that some people are resorting to doing things like this.
I am not saying that these hard economic times are good times but the change in behavior of some people is a good thing. In America I feel people had gotten a bit too complacent in thinking that we can live however we want and can continue to succeed. The time has come where people are coming to the sometimes painful realization that we are going to have to change the way we have been living.
Economists are saying that some of these money saving behaviors that people are turning towards will be used even after the recession has come to its end. This I feel is a great thing. Some Americans are finally getting the idea that we are going to have to become more resourceful if we want to stay competitive as a world power.

No comments:

Post a Comment