Touching on Everything and Anything

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ohio State's Alex Boone arrested for drunken incident

I heard this story on the radio today and I just had to find out more information about the situation once I got home and had a chance to use the internet. Former Ohio State tackle Alex Boone was arrested for a drunken outburst where he was jumping up and down on the hoods of cars and attempted to smash the window of a tow truck. So what NFL team wants to take th risk in drafting this gem? (my money is on the Cincinnati Bengals)
The story says that he had to be tasered by officers during his arrest and was combative all through his medical treatment. Even though Alex was not attempting to drive when they gave him the breathalyser test it came up at three times the legal limit of .08 in the state of California. Yes that is correct, he came up at THREE TIMES the legal limit.
That made me think how much would 312 pound Alex Boone have to drink to reach a blood alcohol level of .24? Luckily there is a web page where you can calculate your blood/alcohol level based on your weight and how long you have been drinking. I assumed that Alex had been drinking light beers for three hours, with this assumption in place Alex would have had to have consumed 32 beers in that amount of time to reach the blood/alcohol level of .24.
I have had nights where I will admit that I drank too much but 32 beers is just out of control. Even if you are 312 pounds when you polish off a 30 rack by yourself you know that you may have some issues that need dealing with. At this point became curious, what would my blood/alcohol be if I drank 30 beers in a three hour period? After those 30 beers I would have a blood/alcohol level of .556.
If I was a police officer I would be horrified when I showed up on a scene like this one. There is a 6 foot 8 inch, 312 pound giant, jumping on car hoods and banging on neighbor's garage doors. "Ummmm sir, I would greatly appreciate it if you could stop what you are doing." I hope for Boone's sake that he gets the help that I believe he needs.

2 comments: